Friday, February 25, 2011

Chapter 7

Do you remember seeing a movie you were not allowed to see? Discuss the experience.

When I was a little girl and even now I find it hard to make it through a horror film. As a child if I even watched part of a scary movie I couldn't sleep by myself. So i would always end up in the bed with my mom. I remember going to stay the night with my cousins one night and my mom over heard my cousin say lets watch Scream tonight. I always envied my cousin because she was older than me and I didn't want her to know I was too scared to watch it so I said okay. My mom quickly came in there and said I was not aloud to watch it because I would be up for days. When my mom left we went into my cousin's room and we turned it on, always being sure not to let it get too loud because we didn't want to get in trouble. I thought that was the scariest movie. My cousin just laughed at me through the whole entire movie. I pretty much watched the whole movie with my head in the pillow. That night I couldn't sleep at all and when I went home the next day I just cried to my mom about how horrible and scary that movie was. I had to sleep with her for a few days.


How often do you go to the movie theaters today? How often do you play DVDs on a television at home, or watch movies on a computer? Which experience do you prefer and why?

My friend JP and I use to go to the movies at least once a week. There was always a movie that he wanted to see so he would drag me along with him. We don't go quite as much now because we are always so busy with school and he is always busy at work. I am always watching movies in my room. It doesn't matter if they are old or new. I hardly watch TV unless one of my shows are on. I don't normally watch movies on my computer because the screen is so small and i can never get in a good position to watch a movie because I gotta hold it and make sure it is still on the charger. My preference really depends on the movie. If it a new movie and I cant wait to see it then i will go to the movies and watch it. But I think maybe I do prefer to see a movie at home because then I can be as loud as I want and if I need to do something I can always pause it and come back and then I don't have to miss anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment